zondag 22 maart 2015

Easter wreath *Maja Design* with step by step tutorial

It's almost Easter, thought I would make me a lovely home decoration.
Made this wreath with a step by step photo tutorial.
For this project I used the Vintage Spring Basics collection from Maja Design.


I started this project by giving the straw wreath a coat of gesso.
Here I used the gesso from 13 arts.

Only a thin coat will do. I wanted to see the original color of the straw shining through. 

For the next step I punched out some different shapes of flowers.

Put them on a big plate and started to wet the punched flowers using a mini mister.

Maja papers are so nice and thick and they can hold quite some water.

Then I started to crumble all the wet flowers.

Set them aside to get almost dry.

I cut out some strips of paper as well. All about ca. 1 cm.

They got the same treatment as the flowers, some water and crumbled.

All crumbled and wet and set aside to completely dry.
These strips will give a lovely ribbon effect on the wreath!

When the punched flowers were almost dry, I took 3 flowers, unfold them and shaped them,
putting them together using a brad.

Here are the final flowers.
Before adding them to the wreath, make sure they are completely dry!

On the top left and right corner I added some lace and some white twigs.

Now it's time to add all those lovely paper flowers and faux ribbons to the wreath!

Here is the top left with some lace and also some single punched flowers, 
which are adhered with a small pin.

Found these cute little birds at Xenos, a Dutch home decor store.

Some flowers with pearl brads.

The large feathered butterflies are also from Xenos.

The strips of papers, the faux ribbons, gives it a nice and playful extra touch.

The single punched flowers with a small pin.

Hope you all enjoyed this step by step.
Wishing you a wonderful Easter and Spring! 
Enjoy your day!
Ingrid xxx

Papers used:
3rd of May
4th of May
7th of May


9 opmerkingen:

  1. Prachtige creatie Ingrid,welke je mogelijk hebt gemaakt voor iedereen door je stap voor stap foto tutorial. Heel leerrijk. Waarvoor dank!!!!
    Fijne dag.Magda

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh wow, ziet er echt supermooi uit!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I love the soft beauty! Gorgeous work, those birds are so sweet next to those pretty flowers.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Every time I see a new piece of your art - my jaw drops open in amazement. This wreath is so gorgeous! I am going to try the flower and paper strip treatment - it is wonderful and looks beautiful on the wreath. I love the pretty little birds, eggs and butterflies! Thank you for sharing your amazing art!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Geweldig wat een prachtige krans is dit geworden Ingrid. Dank je wel voor de duidelijke uitleg erbij.
    Lieve groetjes Miranda

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen